Open acces to the digitalized holdings except for the articles from non-basque journals. It’s necessary to be registered to access them.
Documents are digitized on completion of the process to improve the condition of certain holdings and, above all, to facilitate their dissemination.
The project, pioneer in its day and launched in 1993, has made it possible to digitize our bibliographic heritage, private archives, journal abstracts and articles, including the newspapers published in the Basque Autonomous Community and Navarre.
In 2004, an agreement was signed with the Basque Government Department of Culture to create a “Basque Digital Library” with the content of the Basque bibliographic heritage, consisting of around 3,000 monographs dating from the 16th Century until the Civil War. New images have subsequently been added to this Library thanks to the exchanging of digital copies with the Basque Parliament and with the Koldo Mitxelena Cultural Centre.
It’s easy for users to access information. Monographic images, press, journal abstracts, full-text journal articles and private archives can all be accessed from the bibliographic or archives database.
Newspaper pictures can only be accessed from the computers located at the Foundation itself.
Conditions of access to our digitized holdings
Users promise to:
- Comply with existing copyright legislation.
- Use the images, printed matter or reproductions obtained solely for private, teaching or research purposes.
For its part, the SANCHO EL SABIO FOUNDATION undertakes to:
- Process the personal information provided by users according to that stipulated in Organic Law 13/1999, 13th December, on the Protection of Personal Details.
- Computer process this information and add it to the corresponding files, only using it for the normal functioning of services requested by users, drawing up statistics and sending out cultural material or information related to activity at the Centre.
Users can at any time exercise their right to access, rectify, cancel and oppose all information collected and filed by sending an e-mail or fax to the Centre.
These conditions refer to cases where users obtain reproductions with the intention of publishing them:
- Users publishing research papers including images, printed matter or reproductions from the digitized holdings of the SANCHO EL SABIO FOUNDATIONS must make a written request prior to publication and give the Foundation a copy of the article in question once published.
- Authorization to print holdings granted by the SANCHO EL SABIO FOUNDATION is only valid for one occasion. Subsequent editions require another authorization to publish.
- Publications featuring partial reproductions of SANCHO EL SABIO FOUNDATION holdings must state their source.
Works or parts of works protected under the Copyright Law cannot be reproduced.